The Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) is committed to promoting South Africa’s national interests and values, the African Renaissance and the creation of a better world for all. To achieve this mandate involves conducting and co-ordinating South Africa’s international relations, as well as the promotion of the country’s foreign policy objectives through bilateral and multilateral interactions.
TRAINEE / GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Opportunities to participate in learnerships, internships and a cadet programme are advertised according to capacity needs.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT POLICIES
The Department is committed to assisting employees in planning, developing and managing their careers. Career Management is an on-going process that facilitates the career planning, performance, development, utilisation and progression of employees within the Department, taking into account departmental needs and objectives; employee performance and potential; and employee career aspirations.
VALUES AND VISION
Our vision is an African Continent that is prosperous, peaceful, democratic, nonracial, nonsexist and united, and which contributes to a world that is just and equitable. We value patriotism, loyalty, dedication, ubuntu, equity, integrity and Batho Pele.
DIRCO’s Cadet programme for graduates was announced as the best training programme in the public sector during the Achiever Awards 2010.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the Department’s website at www.dirco.gov.za or follow us on Facebook. Vacancies are advertised in the Sunday Times, City Press (the Public Service Vacancy circular) and the Department’s website.
- Industry: Government
- Countries in which we operate: 125 missions around the world
- Head office: Pretoria
- Number of employees: 2 383
- Professionals DIRCO employs: Professionals with a bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, development studies, law, economics, general management or computer science
- Proportion of men to women: 45% male and 55% female
- Salary package: Medical aid, pension contribution, 13th cheque, housing allowance
- Website: www.dirco.gov.za
- Facebook: search for Department of International Relations and Cooperation