The mandate of the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform is to develop and implement a comprehensive rural development strategy linked to land and agrarian reform, as well as food security. The goal of the strategy is social cohesion and development.
Recruitment is based on the Department’s capacity needs. Our posts are advertised in the national media.
TRAINEE / GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
The Department has an internship programme for unemployed graduates, youth and students who need to gain practical work experience and skills over a period of twelve months with provision of a monthly stipend.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT POLICIES
We offer training and development programmes and bursaries.
VALUES AND VISION
Values: Batho-Pele, commitment, accountability, work ethic and innovation.
Vision: Vibrant, equitable, sustainable rural communities.
The Department awards bursaries to matriculants who are doing mathematics and physical science to study towards a BSc in geomatics, land surveying, town and regional planning; or national diplomas in surveying, cartography and town and regional planning.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply for vacancies advertised in the national media. Our one-year internship programme is advertised in local and regional media from end of October; bursary opportunities for surveying are advertised from September.
- Industry: Government
- Head office: Pretoria
- Other offices: We have offices in all nine provinces
Number of employees: 4 502
- Professionals we employ: Social scientists, development specialists, surveyors, GIS specialists, town planners, legal specialists, financial managers, HR specialists, build environmental specialists and monitoring and evaluation specialists
- Average age: 34
- Proportion of men to women: 47% male and 53% female
- Salary package: Basic salary and service bonus determined by the Department for Public Service and Administration.
- Additional: Performance-based bonus, medical aid subsidy, pension fund and housing subsidy.
- Website: www.ruraldevelopment.gov.za